How to apply
It's easy and quick!
Applications are closed for full time acting courses. Find information about the interview process for our technical and directing courses or the application process for our summer short courses. We want to make sure the application process is as smooth as possible for you. If you have any questions or need help along the way, let us know at [email protected]
Make sure you review our Terms and Conditions before submitting your application. Also please note that LAMDA does not require references as part of your application.
Information for full time acting courses auditions
- Once you’ve submitted your application you’ll get a confirmation email and then we’ll be in touch to arrange an audition (if the course you’ve applied for requires one).
- You’ll attend your audition and we’ll let you know if you’ve been successful within two weeks. We've compiled this handy list to help you choose your audition pieces.
- If you are successful, you’ll be invited back for a recall audition. It is at this stage that you will need to pay the UK/EU recall audition fee of £48 or £24 (if applicable).
- You’ll be notified of your result within two-three weeks of your recall audition.
- When you fill out your application, we’ll ask you to give us a list of any dates that you know you will be unavailable for. If your availability changes, let us know as soon as possible. After you’ve received your audition date confirmation, you can not change your slot. If you are unable to attend your scheduled audition, you’ll only be offered a second date in extraordinary circumstances. Please see our application Terms and Conditions for more information.
- We try to give you at least two to three weeks notice of your audition time so you can organise your travel, but this can vary at busy times, so make sure you get prepared with plenty of time. Audition dates for regional venues can be found here. These venues tend to fill up quickly, so it’s best to get your application in early.
- Recall auditions are currently scheduled to take place in early April. If you intend to travel from overseas to audition for us , we will try and schedule you in for your first audition at the end of March, so that if you are recalled you may be able to complete both rounds over a few days. Alternatively, you can give us your preferred dates when you apply and we will try to accommodate them, but we cannot guarantee this.
We are striving towards making our auditions accessible to all and endeavour to support an individual’s access needs on any given audition date. However we know that some applicants may require additional access support and have designated Saturday 21 March and Wednesday 1 April as supported access audition days.
On these days we will provide Access Support Workers and Sign Language Interpreters, and will try and provide additional services and support if required. If you are interested in attending one of these supported access audition days, please complete and send this form.
The information you provide, which will be strictly confidential, will help our admissions team to ensure that your access needs are met, and to support you through the application and audition process.