How to apply for an acting course
It's easy and quick!
The information below is related to our full-time acting courses. Find information about the interview process for our technical and directing courses or the application process for our summer short courses. We want to make sure the application process is as smooth as possible for you. If you have any questions or need help along the way, let us know at [email protected]
Here’s how it works:
- Click on the apply now link on any of our course pages and you’ll be directed to our online application system.
- Follow the steps to complete the application form. You can save it and come back at any point, just make sure you don’t miss the deadline! You’ll be asked about your education and relevant experience and also when you’re free for an audition. This is also when you will be asked to pay the £12 first round UK/EU audition fee (if applicable).
- Once you’ve submitted your application you’ll get a confirmation email and then we’ll be in touch to arrange an audition (if the course you’ve applied for requires one).
- You’ll attend your audition and we’ll let you know if you’ve been successful within two weeks. We've compiled this handy list to help you choose your audition pieces.
- If you are successful, you’ll be invited back for a recall audition. It is at this stage that you will need to pay the UK/EU recall audition fee of £48 or £24 (if applicable).
- You’ll be notified of your result within two-three weeks of your recall audition.
Make sure you review our Terms and Conditions before submitting your application. Also please note that LAMDA does not require references as part of your application.
- We have made changes to our application process to make it simpler, fairer and more affordable.
- A new £12 administration fee for UK/EU first round auditions drastically reduces the initial cost of applying or auditioning to train with us. For our acting and directing courses you will only pay an additional fee (UK/EU applications only), if you are invited back for a recall audition or interview.
BA (Hons) Professional Acting, MFA Professional Acting & MA Classical Acting for the Professional Theatre
UK & EU auditions: Initial audition fee £12; Recall audition fee £48.
North America auditions: Total fee £100.
LAMDA Foundation Diploma
Initial audition fee £12; recall audition fee £24 (UK & EU auditions)
- We offer free audition places and offer financial support with recall audition fees, travel and accommodation for people whose financial circumstances may prevent them from applying.
- We hold first-round auditions in 11 cities within the UK and EU so you can audition in a city close to your home, reducing your travel and accommodation costs.
- No - you can only audition once in any year if your application requires an audition. If you do apply more than once, we’ll have to cancel your application and we won’t be able to refund any fees you’ve paid. You can, however, submit a separate application for a short course.
- You should only apply for your preferred course. As part of your application, you’ll be asked if there are any other courses that you would like to be considered for. During the audition, the audition team members will consider your suitability for all of our courses and we’ll let you know if you’re better suited to a different one.
- When you fill out your application, we’ll ask you to give us a list of any dates that you know you will be unavailable for. If your availability changes, let us know as soon as possible. After you’ve received your audition date confirmation, you can not change your slot. If you are unable to attend your scheduled audition, you’ll only be offered a second date in extraordinary circumstances. Please see our application Terms and Conditions for more information.
- We try to give you at least two to three weeks notice of your audition time so you can organise your travel, but this can vary at busy times, so make sure you get prepared with plenty of time. Audition dates for regional venues can be found here. These venues tend to fill up quickly, so it’s best to get your application in early.
- Recall auditions are currently scheduled to take place in early April. If you intend to travel from overseas to audition for us , we will try and schedule you in for your first audition at the end of March, so that if you are recalled you may be able to complete both rounds over a few days. Alternatively, you can give us your preferred dates when you apply and we will try to accommodate them, but we cannot guarantee this.