Alumni news: December edition
Behind the scenes
- The Duchess of Malfi, directed by Rebecca Frecknall, opened at The Almeida on 2 December.
- Julia Levai (2019) directs The Prince of Homburg at The Space Theatre from 10 December with Anna Short (2019) as stage manager.
- Performances of A Christmas Carol at Theatr Clwyd begin on 13 December with sound design by Alexandra Braithwaite.
- Ciaran Owens (2011) stars in The Duchess of Malfi at The Almeida from 2 December.
- Performances of Three Sisters began at the National Theatre on 3 December with Jonathan Ajayi (2018), Natalie Simpson (2015) and Offue Okegbe (2010).
- Liam King (2019) and Stephanie Payne (2019) will perform in Pinocchio at the Citizens Theatre from 7 December.
- 2019 graduates Will Bishop, Esme Scarborough and Sam Stafford star in The Prince of Homburg from 10 December.
Screen & audio
- On 6 December The Last Right starring Brian Cox will be released in the UK.
- The Witcher premieres on Netflix UK on 20 December. The cast includes MyAnna Buring, Anya Chalotra (2014), Donal Finn (2018) and Amit Shah.
- The BBC mini-series adaptation of A Christmas Carol will air over Christmas with alumni Jason Flemyng and Charlotte Riley.
- Colm Gleeson (2019) features in BBC Radio 4 drama Puckoon, released on 28 December.
- The first performance of 2019 graduate Ell Potter’s new show FITTER runs at the Soho Theatre Upstairs throughout the month.
- Mischief Theatre’s new show Magic Goes Wrong runs at Vaudeville Theatre from 14 December. Their new TV series The Goes Wrong Show: The Spirit of Christmas will air on BBC1 from 23 December.
- Congratulations to alum Haluk Bilginer who won best performance by an actor at the International Emmys.
- Chiwetel Ejiofor was honoured on 2 December at the Celebration of Black Cinema presented by the Critics Choice Association (formerly known as the Broadcast Film Critics Association).
- Congratulations to Tingying Dong (2019) on her Offie Award nomination for Best Sound Design for Jerker at the Kings Head Theatre.
- Congratulations to Kathryn O’Reilly who has been nominated for the Offie Award for best female performance in a play for her role in Poisoned Polluted.
Make sure you don’t miss…
- His Dark Materials airs on BBC1 every Sunday starring Robert Emms, Simon Manyonda (2010), Harry Melling (2009), David Suchet and Ruth Wilson.
- Paterson Joseph as Ebenezer Scrooge alongside Fred Haig (2016) in A Christmas Carol, playing at the Old Vic until 18 January.
- Catch Nikki-Amuka Bird in Gold Digger on BBC iPlayer.
- Cinderella directed by Tinuke Craig (2010) plays at Lyric Hammersmith until 5 January 2020.
- Simon-Anthony Rhoden (2009) who joined the cast of Hamilton in the West End as Aaron Burr on 18 November.
- Scarlett Courtney (2019) in The Pallisers and Middlemarch with Joe Quinn (2015), both available on BBC Radio 4.