Syllabus in Practice: Communication - Introductory to Grade 3 (LSPC)
Develop your skills, knowledge and understanding for teaching the Communication Syllabi at Entry Level and up to Grade 3.
17-21 Feb 2020
assessment 22 Feb 2020
27-31 July 2020
assessment 1 August 2020
Early bird offer: £695
(1 hour lunch, not provided)
How to book
About the course
Gain the skills and knowledge as a teacher (new or current) to use the LAMDA Communication syllabi at Entry Level and Level 1 (Speaking Verse and Prose, Speaking in Public, Reading for Performance, Solo Introductory and Group Introductory examinations, Group Recital and Choral Speaking examinations).
The course runs over five days and is delivered by a trained facilitator, combining both theory and practice. You will also be encouraged to explore your own skills and learn from other delegates.
On the sixth day you will complete an assessment with a LAMDA Examiner, which you will have been working towards throughout the course.
“Thank you for all your efforts, patience, kindness and amazing knowledge this week. I’ve taken so much from all your advice and it’s been a delight working with you."
“Thank you for a great week. I’ve had a ball!”
- Breathing and Voice
- Clarity of Speech
- Verse Speaking
- Prose Speaking
- Syllabus: Introductory Examinations
- Assessment Task Selection and Preparation
- Syllabus: Speaking Verse and Prose
- Syllabus: Shakespeare
- Exploring repertoire – Anthology and Own Choice
- Syllabus: Speaking in Public
- Exploring Topics in Speaking in Public Examinations
- Practical Examples: Communication and Conversation
- Practical Examples: Speaking in Public
- Syllabus: Reading for Performance
- Selecting Own Choice Material for Reading for Performance Examinations
- Syllabus: Group Recital
- Syllabus: Choral-Speaking
- The Learner Journey
- Preparing for Assessment